Published on October 23, 2021
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia from PRX. Radiotopia is a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts that’s a part of PRX, a not-for-profit public media company. If you’d like to directly support this show and independent media, you can make a donation at Radiotopia.fm/donate.
A note on notes: We’d much rather you just went into each episode of The Memory Palace cold. And just let the story take you where it well. So, we don’t suggest looking into the show notes first.
- By the Ash Tree and Semolina by Slow Meadow
- Opals by Catching Flies
- Mechanical Fair by Ola Kvernberg and the Trondheim Singers
- La Copla by the great Atahualpa Yupanqui
- Holm Sound by Erland Cooper
- You can find the original recordings, photos, and film clips taken on the 1935 expedition and after in the remarkable online library of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- Of the many books on the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, the one I enjoyed and relied upon most here is Phillip Hoose’s The Race to Save the Good Lord Bird.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.