The Traveling Stones
Published on September 8, 2020
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independent podcasts from PRX.
A note on notes: We’d much rather you just went into each episode of The Memory Palace cold. And just let the story take you where it well. So, we don’t suggest looking into the show notes first.
- Ruby by Ali Farka Toure
- Party’s End, from Bernard Herrmann’s score to The Egyptian
- Future Green by Masuhiro Sugaya
- The Boy and the Snake Dance by Charles Cohen
- Vier Stucke for Xylophone as performed by Guniid Keetman
- Opening from Marcelo Zarvos’ score to Please Give
- Herbert’s Story from Mark Orton’s score to Nebraska
- Solitary Living by The Flashbulb
- You should read Dan De Quille. He’s a good writer! I like his book on the Comstock Load, Big Bonanza.
- Also check out The Tall Tales of Dan De Quille, by C. Grant Loomis from 1946.
- I found this article about Twain’s time in Nevada particularly helpful.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.