Published on November 19, 2015
* Under the credits is Harlaamstrat 74 off of John Dankworth’s Modesty Blaise score.
* First up is one of my very favorite recordings of all time: Andromeda from Chris McGregor’s Brotherhood of Breath. One of the finest bands ever assembled.
* The sailors get grumpy to Sito from Pierre Favre and the European Chamber Ensemble. (The end drum loop comes from that piece too).
* The guys run off to save the day to Edgar Meyer and Mark O’Connor doing the Green Groves of Erin.
* That turns into, In Threes by Loscil.
* Some of the details in here originate from a fine piece that appeared in the Saturday Evening Post in May of 1944. You can read it here.
* Other solid write ups:
From The Book of New York
The Fire-fighter’s Museum
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.