Published on September 5, 2019
- We hear Vaggvisa by Henrik Lindstrand.
- Then Kestrel, off the album by the same name from Caoimhin O Raghallaigh.
- Ljuva mekaniska jag by 1900.
- A loop from When it’s Time to Go, by Buddy Fo & his Group.
- A bit of Movement II from Martynov, “Come in!” by Vladimir Martynov.
- Making Love in the Apartment from Krysztof Komeda’s score to Rosemary’s Baby.
- And the Mistral Noir, from Daniel Herkedal.
- There’s a lot written about Kelly and his times, none more enjoyable than Bill Bryson’s in One Summer: America, 1927.
- The best academic book that touches on Kelly and his times is Dance Marathons: Performing American Culture in the 1920s and 30s, by Carol Martin.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.