Published on January 28, 2020
This episode was originally produced for an episode of Radiolab from WNYC, released in August of 2019.
- Cul-de-Sac from Krzysztof Komeda’s Knife in the Water.
- The Mistral Noir by Daniel Herskedal.
- Trakors by 1900.
- Eloy by Deaf Center.
- Leaping Dance from the Netherlands Wind Ensemble
- And Facing the Obstacles from Rob Simonson’s score to the Final Member.
- This episode relied heavily on the work and research of Professor Gabriel Rosenberg of Duke, using his article, “No Scrubs: Livestock Breeding, State Power, and Eugenic Knowledge in the Early 20th Century United States” as a guide and jumping off point for other research.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.