Published on September 25, 2018
- We hear Waltz from the score to Angels & Insects.
- Movements IV and II from David Liptak’s Serenade for Alto Sax and Strings.
- A bit of Violin Solo no. 1 from Peter Broderick.
- Some of Zucht 2 from Machienfabrik.
- A bit of Origami Tulips from Lullatone.
- Unseen Forces from Justin Walter.
- Midnight Moon from Annalisa Tornfelt and Gideon Freudman
- Ida Lupino from Paul Bley’s Changes album from 1965.
- And Lost Fur (Reprise) from the score to Where the Wild Things Are.
- Many of my favorite things I read for this piece were contemporary newspaper tributes upon her death in 1911. They’re easy to find.
- By far the most useful thing I read was Lenore Skomal’s The Lighthouse Keeper’s Daughter: The Remarkable True Story of American Heroine, Ida Lewis. It’s very well researched and highly readable.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.