A Strange Land
Published on April 20, 2020
- Ruth and Sylvie from Daniel Hart’s score to Ain’t Them Bodies Saints
- The Walk from Bernard Hermann’s score to Tender is the Night
- Reflector by Bing and Ruth
- Requiem from Nico Mulhy’s score to How to Talk to Girls at Parties
- Under Siege from Warren Ellis’ score to Mustang
- Spaces in Time from Per Nargard and the Stavenger Symphony
- Theme de l’eau from Hikaru Hayashi’s score to The Naked Island
- Bus Ride from the score to Wildlike
- Duke Ellington playing Single Petal from a Rose
- There’s quite a bit written about Isaac Israel Hayes. You can find his own account of his trip to find the non-existant, open polar sea here.
- I owe the Detroit newspaper quote to this excellent article by Albin Kowaleweski.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, a collective of independently owned and operated podcasts.