Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> Beaver

Jul 20, 2015

Episode 5 of the 2015 Summer Season.

* Under the credits is Harlaamstrat 74 off of John Dankworth’s Modesty Blaise score.
* The main mountain theme is Mort D’Eurydice, by Pierre Favre as played by the European Chamber Ensemble.
* There’s a second string-y snippet of another by them called, Sito.
* We learn about beavers to Stereo Music for Acoustic Guitar, Buchla Music Box 100 (etc.)…Pt. 2 from Keith Fullerton Whitman’s old Multiples album.
* The soft men are embodied by 3-Sized PF by Takahiro Kido from his Fairy Tale album.
* I roll out some more Miguel Atwood-Ferguson with Arioso from Red Hot & Bach to track the tall tales of the west.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments on Developments in the Design and Manufacture of American Menswear 1840-1860, a Fable

1. SFinz says:

Great Ep and first to comment. Great job Nate! Get rekt Chris.

2. Jay Bordeleau says:

Great writing as always.
    Pacing too fast. Seems over edited and rushed.

3. Dana says:

My favourite episode yet!

4. Charles Vickers says:

Love it, thank you as always Brilliant.

5. Doug says:

Good story. Pace and build A1. And a wonderful fable of how our fashion foibles can change lives and industries.
    Beaver hats are made of the fur, of course, not the animal’s skin. Maybe if we figured out how to shave them and release them, the fashion would return! 😉

6. Sue says:

Awesome. I do watershed research in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. Listened to this on my way to work last Thursday, and three hours later I was standing beside a tier of multiple beaver ponds in one of our research streams. Looked at the old lodges and the new one and this especially big tree that they’d gnawed down, and I’m so glad we still have them here. Even when they disrupt our research, the persistent little bastards. 😉 Thanks for doing this beautiful episode to remind me.

7. Teri says:

There is a reason Oregon is called The Beaver State and Astoria, Oregon the epicenter of J.J. Astor and T. Jefferson’s dream of the Western U.S.

8. Alexina Aron says:

Thank you so much for doing this podcast. You’re got much flow… you’re almost like a slam poet. I love listening to these episodes with my boyfriend and I’ve been telling friends about it.