Click the image to listen to this episode...
The finale of the 2015 Summer Season.
* Under the credits is Harlaamstrat 74 off of John Dankworth’s Modesty Blaise score.
* There’s Branches, by Keith Kenniff
* Then The Big Ocean, from Ben Sollee’s score to Maidentrip.
* Then End of the World from Dan Romer’s score to Beasts of the Southern Wild.
* There’s The Sage, pulling once more from the dope-as-hell self-titled album from the Chico Hamilton Quintet.
* There’s a loop pulled from Worm is Green’s song, Brand New Day
* There’s The Light, from my pal Jimmy’s wonderful project, The Album Leaf. Go buy their albums.
* The piece at the end is the theme to Charlie Countryman from Christophe Beck’s score.
* Oh: stuff gets heavy to Ghosts I from Nine Inch Nails.
* And finally (though out of order), playing over the fall-out from JFK’s death is Now by Goldmund.
A selected bibliography.
* We Could Not Fail: The First African Americans in the Space Program, by Richard Paul and Steven Moss
* Voices of Contemporary and Historical Black Pioneers, Farmer & Shepard-Wynn, editors
* The Right Stuff, by Tom Wolfe
* Distinguished African Americans in Aviation and Space Sciences, by Gulbert, Sawyer, and Fannin
* The All-American Boys, Walt Cunningham’s memoir.
* The Ebony article mentioned in the piece can be read here.
19 Comments | Leave a Comment