Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> run-of-the-river

Run-of-the-River

Aug 03, 2015

Episode 7 of the 2015 Summer Season.

* Under the credits is Harlaamstrat 74 off of John Dankworth’s Modesty Blaise score.
* First up (and returning a bit later) is Mr. Reincarnation from Alexander Desplat’s dope-as-hell score to the fairly dope movie, Birth.
* There’s Lost Fur, Reprise from Carter Burwell’s Where the Wild Things Are score.
* Then there’s a Charles Ives piece called Remembrance, played by Yesaroun’ Duo, Eric Hewitt and Samuel Z. Soloman.
* Then we hit Another Lifetime, dipping back in the Birth Score well.
* Finish up with Kierling/Doubt from Max Richters 24 Postcards in Full Color.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments on Run-of-the-River

1. Todd Henion says:

Thanks for covering Celilo Falls.

There is a proposal to allow them to resurface for short periods the dams are causing hot river water this summer and this has killed a quarter million fish so far.

(Also, The Dalles dam was built “downstream” which then flooded the falls)

2. Andy Steele says:

I was going to say the same thing; the dam was built downstream of the falls. Great episode! Very poignant, as I listened to it the day after returning from a trip to Dufur, which is just south of there.

Yes. Thanks for the correction. Will be an easy fix when my schedule clears up a bit in early September. On the to-do list.

4. Karen says:

There don’t seem to be any specific written show notes for Episode 72:Run-of-the-River.

Sorry. Will get around to that.

6. Lisa Sinister says:

This story hurts my heart; why can’t we leave things be wild sometimes?

7. Pingback: One to Remember – ‘The Memory Palace’ Podcast Review | The Nomadic Lighthouse

8. MacKenzie says:

Thank you for this beautiful episode… I listened to it when it aired last summer but I shared it with my 3rd grade class today as we just read a story about Celilo and all of the culture that was lost with this event. They loved hearing it and said it was “very sad but powerful”