Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> 7th story

The 7th Story

Jan 14,2015

Tags: , , , , , ,

13 Comments on The 7th Story

1. Dave says:

The More or Less podcast and now memory palace have both used the score from Serial this week. What’s the deal, is there some kind of podcast pact this week? ore or Less made a bit of a joke about it… but this just kind of seemed gratuitous… Would love an explanation.

2. Jim Saling says:

Nailed it! Now I expect 11 more episodes on the same story. Someone should take a closer look at the doorman.

3. Chuck Hamersky says:

Wow! This is one of my favorite episodes! I love the Serial cross over! In fact i just finished listening to the last episode of Serial today and then The 7th Floor comes out the same day! wow! coincidence? Nate keep up the great work!

4. Alex Sandifer says:

Well played, sir.

5. Rudra Banerji says:

I’m really going to use this ep to get all the Serial fans in my life to tune into this amazing show.

6. Katy W. says:

I love your show. It reminds me of author O. Henry’s writings, but better. Please do these more often. It is the best story telling in podcast form, in my opinion. Thank you for getting me through my day at work.

7. oh wow, is that Alain Goraguer’s soundtrack to La Planete Sauvage at about 1:40?
    nice choice!

8. Dick Brown says:

Serial music really threw me off… and that pisses me off… i listen with my eyes closed and try to visualize the story… and I have no idea how this story ended because of the serial music… seems like you are making a joke about a serious subject…

9. Mike says:

The little nod to Serial in this episode was really lovely.

I think stories about the past are best when they show (directly or indirectly) how they reflect the present, how we and they aren’t really that different at all. And you make some of the best stories about the past out there.

10. Craig says:

Excellent. The Serial music seems completely intentional to me, and not as a commentary on the serious subject of murder (of Hae, or of Mr. Johnson) but on our desire to speculate and draw inferences from some things that are not knowable from our standpoint, like a cold case, like a murder about which we have few details. Which is itself a serious subject.

I certainly didn’t get that sense that this episode was a joke that belittled anyone murdered.

11. Pingback: Postcards from the Past: Love + Radio + Nate DiMeo | the podcast broadcast

12. LacyJoy says:

I really enjoyed this one! I would love to hear more historical “mysteries” or cold cases.
    The “Serial” theme music seemed a little out of place to me…I don’t know whether or not that was intentional, but it was a little distracting!

13. Tim says:

Like Brandon, I think most of the music in this episode sounds to me like the score from the animated Fantastic Planet.