Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> other bodies

Other Bodies

Oct 16, 2014

The music in this one: “An Ending, A Beginning” by Dustin O’Halloran. “I am Piano” by Peter Broderick. Two songs from the soundtrack to “With a Song in my Heart”: American Medley, and That Old Feeling. The one at the end is “I’ll Never be the Same.” My version’s on a collection called “Can’t get out of this Mood.” There are also a couple of other Jane things that I found on You Tube. The plane crash stuff is scored by a piece of Claudia Serne and Leopold Ross’ soundtrack for “Broken City,” called “Missing Pieces.” Then there’s a sound by The Caretaker called “Stairway to the Stars.”

I read a lot about Jane for this but nothing was as useful as Ilene Stone’s lovely book, “Jane Froman: Missouri’s First Lady of Song.”

Tags: , , , , ,

16 Comments on Other Bodies

1. Kathrine, Norway says:

I love how you always choose some seemingly unimportant details in stories and make us, at least me, see how they do matter! Your voice is really soothing, so I love listening to your stories at night.
    I’ve heard the background music before as well, but I can’t remember who it is right now. Could you post the name of the song?

2. Michael Casey says:

Wow! Your art has reached another new high… Your storytelling … and insights about our human experience had me weeping by the end. Mahalo … And please keep doing this!

3. rob cargill says:

another beautifully crafted and exquisitely delivered nano-novella by the silken-voiced Nick DiMeo. Elwood Dowd said his mother once told him ‘”In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.” Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.’ Nick DiMeo has achieved both in a world not displaying much of either. You may quote me. rob cargill

4. Jay says:

I wish everybody’s voice was Nate’s Voice. Forever. I going to think about what you said for the next 2 months. I’ll think about other people in a way different than before and I’m going to love it. Thanks.

5. I just started listening to podcasts and somehow downloaded Episode 63. This was the first time I had listened to your show and maybe the 20th podcast of any kind I have listened to. All I can say is you have now set the bar really high and probably ruined me for other podcasts. This was a great 12 minutes and as soon as I devour your other shows I can’t wait to listen to it again! Thanks.

6. Gabriella Perry says:

I discovered your podcast a couple of months ago and greedily gobbled them up in a few short days. I didn’t realize they came so few and far between! I couldn’t help it, I was addicted! Listened to many of them twice. Your voice is so wonderful and the stories so well thought out and told. Beautifully produced! This latest installment I held on to as long as I could, made it almost a month! I wanted to savor it and enjoy it. That’s what I did. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next!! I can only imagine the time and work that goes into making these but please don’t stop! Ever!

7. Esther Pratt says:

I burned through your podcasts this summer while riding my bike to work. I’m eagerly waiting for more. I love the way your stories drift through, holding the listener with glimpses & moments. All the while each moment is a thread that is caught and looped and tied together into a neatly embroidered tapestry. You have an amazing talent for storytelling!

8. Larry says:

There’s something special about your stories involving singers. This and the Jenny Lind episode are favorites of mine.

9. B M says:

I am a long time fan and also person who stutters. Among the thousands of other podcasts I’ve ever listened to this is one of the only ones that has made me put down the mixing spoon, quit browsing the news, set aside the ski wax- quit multitasking- and just fully absorb the story at hand. I’ve lived parts of this story. Not quite in the grand and terrible way that she did- but I know well what it’s like to have others speak for you and the release that music offers. Thanks for your work, I’d never heard of her before.

10. STAN FRYMANN says:

Outstanding! I’ve heard that the word “history” comes from high story. The high story…. the true story…. as opposed to fiction. It’s also said that history is philosophy teaching by example. You combine the storytelling with the philosophy in an exceptionally powerful way. Thanksl

11. NAMAN KALRA says:

I can’t wait for more podcasts

12. Jon Vera says:

I just found your podcast and I just have to say that I have become a huge fan.Keep the great work and thanks for existing.

13. Kate says:

I’ve been working through the backlog of episodes because I just found the show recently. And while I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve listened to, this episode is what really sealed my love for this podcast. For whatever reason, this was the one that gave me chills. Thank you.

14. Toni Turilli says:

Being a vocalist I am truly inspired by this story. My U.S. history teacher assigned your website and made us listen to three podcasts. I’m so glad he did this because I did enjoy listening to you podcasts and I’m definitely listening to more!!

15. Pingback: 10 Crazy Characters From The Wild World Of Music | PRIYATNA.NET