Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> glowing orbs

The Glowing Orbs

Jun 07, 2014

Tags: , , , , , ,

13 Comments on The Glowing Orbs

1. Amy Martin says:

Wow, fella, your best yet. Pure poetry. Listened to it several times. Sent it to a comic friend who works for Neil deGrasse Tyson. Donated. Please keep telling stories.

2. Nathan Boyd says:

Brilliant!! This is strangely approachable and beautiful. Please don’t make us wait as long for the next one!

3. Noah says:

Hi Nate,

I just figured this out after weeks of scratching my head – I think the link to this story is missing an “R” (in “orbs”) in the URL.

When I click on the image, it takes me to

It should take me to

Hope this helps. Love the show.

4. Ankit says:

Brilliant. 400000 stars is also very nice.

5. Monet Laurent says:

I save your voice for the times my heart is broken…somehow it is like a thread that weaves the two pieces closer together. I often wonder if it would matter if the words you choose were not beautiful, if it’s just your voice that soothes me so…but your words are beautiful…so beautiful and gentle that they make me ache, ache enough to forget the break. And for that I thank you.

6. James Nugent says:

Hi Nate,

Love the podcast. Great stories, beautifully told. I am captured each time I listen.

You have an error in “The Glowing Orbs”. At the beginning of the audio you say that John was ” … a Navy man.” Being a Navy man myself, retired Navy man actually, but Glenn was a Marine, a Marine colonel if memory serves me. And while the Marines are part of the Navy Department, no way would a Marine call himself a “Navy Man” as they are definitely a breed apart. I don’t mean that in a negative way, I’ve done four deployments with Marines and have a profound appreciation for their difference and elan.

So bottom line, John Glenn was definitely not a Navy man, he was one of the Few, the Proud, a Marine, though I’m sure we’d have been happy to count him amongst our own had we had the chance.

All the best,

James

7. albert says:

Just posted a glittering review of this episode at http://www.towerofbuckets.wordpress.com . Love the show, been listening for 2 years, I think the service the Memory Palace provides is utterly unparalleled. Keep going.

8. Pingback: Today, listen to… | towerofbuckets.com

9. Pingback: 10 Podcasts That Are Way Worth Adding To Your Next Playlist | Thought Catalog

10. sartrewasamoron says:

i loved this one! i too am an Ohioan and have long loved John Glenn. i remember him talking about the fireflies, and have wondered off and on what wondrous supernatural thing he had seen. i will be sharing this with family and friends, thanks.

11. Trevor Taylor says:

Hey! I am a graduate museum exhibition design student. I feel like museums and radio have so much to learn from one another. I keep pointing to this podcast to demonstrate what I mean when I tell that to others. It will likely be an integral part of my thesis work. You are something like an auteur. Thank you for your work Nate.

12. Janice Hedman says:

The perspective of this narrative is very condescending and belittling of the people as well as their faith. To compare belief in God to John Glenn’s one observation of the “fireflies”…I’m sure you’ve accomplished SO MUCH in your life and are so omniscient, and that is why you’ve adopted your arrogant and hateful tone of voice.

13. Herbert Fatcandle says: