Subscribe to the Podcast | View all EPISODES >> O how we danced

O, How We Danced

Jul 30,2013

First song is a guy named Eric Parking playing, apparently, a transcription by Billy Mayerl of a tune called “Imaginary Foxtrot.”
Next up is actually “We Found Love (In a Hopeless Place),” slowed way the hell down. Next (and last) is “Snookered” by Dan Deacon. There’s also snippets of “We Danced” by pavement and “Thunder Road” by Bruce Springsteen.

(I also did a remix of the episode. Because I run things; things don’t run I)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments on O, How We Danced

1. Jenn Cassel says:

Best part of the day is when a new episode arrives. Always so beautiful. Thank you.

2. groovehouse says:

Love your work and voice overs! Nice job on all your podcasts!

3. Larry says:

I had forgotten all about dance marathons of yore and how they were all the rage. Thank you for fanning the memory back to life.

4. Erin says:

This was truly lovely store telling. Thank you for taking your time for creating a podcast about history and telling these stories/facts in such a magical way.

5. Ezra Ball says:

I have to say, it’s hard for me to think about dance marathons and not think about the film “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?”, which, in an abundant field of depressing 70’s movies is still #1 most depressing in my book. Even though it was from 1969.

6. Joey says:

This episode made me really, really happy. What a great story. Thanks for all you do!

7. Pingback: Boing Boing Ingenuity: The Memory PalaceĀ live | Ediary Blog

8. Jennifer In Oregon says:

This is such a beautiful memoir of the dance marathons as well as being young and feeling alive. I work in a memory care and your podcast reminds me there are so many stories that will be lost if they are not written down or at least shared. Thank you!

9. Hazel says:

This is on of my favorites episodes and I listen to very often. So beautiful.